The Best Home Improvement Project
Windows let in light and give us beautiful views, it’s not hard to see why they are one of the most important features of every home. However, the light let in by untreated windows can cause varying degrees of harm to the interior of your home, such as fading your furniture, and stressing your home’s air conditioning by creating hotspots when it’s sunny outside. Reasons like these are why window films were invented; they are designed to prevent harmful UV rays from entering your home, diminish solar heat, and add a valuable protective layer to your home.
Window films are incredibly thin layers of polyester or vinyl based materials that are applied directly to glass. The variety of window film products available make them a simple, economical way to improve your home’s efficiency, privacy, comfort, and aesthetics. Keep reading to learn about the different types of window films, as well as the benefits of adding them to your home.
Different Types of Window Films
Window films can be divided into three broad categories, but it’s important to know that there are products that offer specific benefits from all three categories.
- Decorative Window Films: These films are used to give glass a variety of visual textures, including etched, frosted, or stained.
- Heat or UV Blocking Window Films: These films block harmful UV rays, reduce glare, eliminate hot spots, and are nearly invisible.
- Privacy Window Films: These films are primarily designed to stop people outside a house from seeing inside. These films are brilliant as they don’t alter the view from the inside of the house; you can see out, but strangers can’t see in.
Window films can reduce the amount of UV rays that enter your home by up to 99%. Not only is this good for resident’s health, but it protects furnishings, upholstery, and paintings from fading and discoloration.
Benefits of Installing Window Films
Now that we’ve covered the different types of window films, let’s explore the different reasons for installing them. Here is a list of the most sought-after benefits of window films.
- A Comfortable Environment: Window films improve your home’s environment by reducing the amount of solar heat that enter your home. With the simple addition of window films, you can eliminate both hot spots and annoying glare from your home.
- Protects from Harmful UV rays: Window films can reduce the amount of UV rays that enter your home by up to 99%. Not only is this good for resident’s health, but it protects furnishings, upholstery, and paintings from fading and discoloration.
- Improved Safety and Security: In the event of a broken window caused by weather, an accident, or an attempted break-in, window films hold the shattered glass together. Window films protect loved ones against injury from broken shards, and actively help discourage break-ins.
- Energy Savings: Depending on which type of window film you choose, you can reduce expenses on energy bills by up to 50%. Due to the dramatic improvements in efficiency, window films quickly pay for themselves.
Professionally installed window films are a surprisingly quick, inexpensive, and simple way to add value to your home. Don’t hesitate – if you have any questions about the many varieties of residential window films, please get in touch today.