Do I Need Sun Protection Indoors?
Summer is just around the corner, and most of us can’t wait to get outside and soak up the rays. Summer days and sandy beaches… what’s not to love?
When enjoying the outdoors, most of us know the importance of proper sun protection. We are aware of how to protect ourselves from the sun’s ultraviolet rays by:
- Applying sunscreen to prevent burns and reduce the cancer-causing effects of UV rays;
- Staying hydrated by drinking enough water;
- Avoid sunstroke by finding shade whenever possible;
- Protecting our eyes with polarized sunglasses.
However, most people wrongly believe that they are completely safe while indoors. Even while indoors, untreated windows and glass doors do nothing to protect you from harmful UV rays.
Window films are engineered specifically to block over 99% of harmful UVA and UVB rays. Installing these films can keep all the occupants of your home safe, while helping preserve the condition of your valuables and saving you thousands of dollars in potential sun damage.
Here are a few facts about indoor sun damage, provided by the Skin Cancer Foundation:
- Ultraviolet radiation easily passes through the untreated glass of our vehicles and homes. These rays contribute to our daily accumulation of sun exposure and could lead to photoaging and even skin cancer.
- Most of the interior furnishings of your home are just as vulnerable to solar radiation as we are. UV rays that are reflected into your home or enter it directly cause wood to dry out and crack, fabrics to become frayed and damaged, and the colours of your upholstery to fade. This damage accumulates over time and can not be reversed, however it can be significantly reduced or eliminated altogether by blocking the rays from entering your home.
- Solar Window Films are engineered specifically to block over 99% of harmful rays. Installing these films can keep all the occupants of your home safe, while helping preserve the condition of your valuables and saving you thousands of dollars in potential sun damage.
- Solar Window Films also help control the amount of heat that passes through your windows, helping you save money on heating and cooling costs in all seasons.
What Can You Do?
Rejecting UV rays with Solar Window Films makes your home safer, keeps your furnishings looking beautiful, and improves the overall insulation of your home. If you are interested in the benefits of solar window films, you can read in-depth about their benefits right here. Looking for a consultation or have any questions? We would love to chat, just give us a call or send us a message, we would be happy to hear from you.