Make a Dream Home with Window Film
The whole point of windows is to let in sunlight. Unfortunately, the beautiful views and natural light are often accompanied by hot spots, faded furnishings, UV exposure, and glare. Window films solve these problems, letting you keep the best of both worlds, and save money to boot.
Window films are an incredibly thin layer of vinyl or polyester that is applied directly to the glass of your windows. Window film comes in many different varieties, giving you the power to choose the performance that is right for you. When applied by trained professionals, window film is a long-lasting solution to your light and heat related problems.
An overview of window film types
If you’ve done even the slightest bit of research, you’ve no doubt noticed a huge variety in commercially available window films. Here is a breakdown of the most common types, keeping in mind that there are products that blur the lines between types.
- Allow you to achieve the look of etched, stained, frosted, or textured glass
- Are reusable and easily removed
- Block 80-90% of UV rays and offer privacy
- Can be used on interior and exterior glass
- Don’t provide significant heat protection
Heat and UV Blocking Films
- Help reduce your energy bills
- Block up to 99% of harmful UV rays and reject 80% of solar heat
- Dramatically reduce glare
- Often more expensive than other varieties
- May reduce the amount of light that a room receives (this one can be controlled)
Privacy Window Films
- Prevent neighbors or passersby from seeing into the building
- May feature a reflective or frosted surface
- May reduce the amount of light received by a room
- Are available in varying degrees of darkness
High-quality films will block 99% of UV rays from entering your home.
What are the key benefits of window film?
Now that we’ve broken down the different types of film, here are the main benefits of window film:
Aesthetics: Frosted and etched window film give your house an obvious aesthetic boost, but even heat control window film will improve the way your home looks by reducing the amount of glare that is reflected and giving your windows a polished look.
Comfort: Window films will make your home more comfortable by increasing privacy and keeping you cool on sunny days. Automotive window tint can lower the temperature of a parked car by over 60%, so imagine what films can do for your home.
UV Protection: High-quality films will block 99% of UV rays from entering your home. By blocking UV rays, window film protects your furnishings from cracking and fading, and your skin from cancer-causing radiation.
Security and Safety: In the event of an accident of attempted break-in, window film will hold together glass to prevent it from shattering. By reducing shards, window film is an effective deterrent for criminals and can keep you safer during extreme weather.
Efficiency: Heat controlling window films will keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. The money you save on energy expenses will quickly recoup the cost of investment, and due to window film’s legendary durability, the savings will continue for decades.
Untreated windows don’t make sense. Window film is a simple upgrade that will significantly improve your quality of life and make your home a nice place to be.